My home in Genoa for the next 4 months...

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Santa Margherita- Che bella giornata!

Look over Genova- toward Porto Antico

I still wake up every morning and have to double check my surroundings. Can it be true? Those gorgeous, colorful buildings panting the most beautiful scene are really outside MY window? In Genova, Italia!? But the Lord will pinch me and say "Yes, Aren't I an amazing Creator?" Yes Lord and THANK YOU!

So today began with a meeting with Barbara, la mia professora di Italiano in Genova. She has decided to help me pursue my minor in Italian so she is going to start me on an Independent Study with her this semester. My first assignment: Le Citta Ivisibili. It has to do with architecture so she figured it couldn't be more perfect! The author was a good friend of Renzo Piano! Ok sounds good to me! 

After Italian class, around 1:00, 10 of us left for la spiaggia (the beach)! L'autobus #33, a 40 minute ride on il treno and we arrive at Santa Margherita! It's beautiful! Much different than beaches I am used to seeing... for many different reasons. Some good and some I could do without! Good reasons: pebbles instead of sand, GORGEOUS buildings all around, the most beautiful water (well father out), fragula GELATO. However, I could have done without the most ridiculous tans, the most minimal of bathing suits, naked children, and somewhat sleezy looking men! However, I wouldn't change a thing! We laid out, I fell asleep... I drank a Coca-cola con un gelato! You don't miss silly things like soda until you move to another country. 

Now I sit in studio, wide-arched doors open, the sound of buses and wind surround, the looks of students beginning to focus into studio work have commenced and I smile thinking I really am here! 
Santa Margherita
Add caption
A few of the Group:
From Left: Heather, Vanessa, Laren, Henry, Max, Whitney, and Becca
Train Station of Genova

No comments:

Post a Comment